Whilst attractive front entrance doors will create a special feature on your home, a well-designed entry porch will considerably enhance this and offer substantial additional benefits.
- An air-lock before you open the front door and an appropriate place where shopping or whatever you wish to unload from your car can be placed before opening up your home
- An ideal area to take off your muddy boots or dry off your pet dog
- An entry porch is the best place to leave wet muddy boots and shoes
- You can open your front door to clearly see who is ringing the bell whilst maintaining the security for your home
- There is now a special area within your porch where you can speak with the visitor, postman or milkman, who is not generally coming into your home
Building an Entry Porch and Planning Permission:
- The ground area (measured externally) covers more than 3 square metres
- The porch would be higher than 3 metres above ground level
- Would be less than 2 metres away from the home boundary when it’s bordering a road, which includes highway, public roads, footpaths, bridleways and byways.
If you’re thinking about building a porch, give us a call on 01258 459259 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project.