Whilst attractive front entrance doors will create a special feature on your home, a well-designed entry porch will considerably enhance this and offer substantial additional benefits.
- An air-lock before you open the front door and an appropriate place where shopping or whatever you wish to unload from your car can be placed before opening up your home
- An ideal area to take off your muddy boots or dry off your pet dog
- An entry porch is the best place to leave wet muddy boots and shoes
- You can open your front door to clearly see who is ringing the bell whilst maintaining the security for your home
- There is now a special area within your porch where you can speak with the visitor, postman or milkman, who is not generally coming into your home.
Building an Entry Porch and Planning Permission
You will need to apply for planning if following is true about your new porch:
- The ground area (measured externally) covers more than 3 square metres
- The porch would be higher than 3 metres above ground level
- Would be less than 2 metres away from the home boundary when it’s bordering a road, which includes highway, public roads, footpaths, bridleways and byways.
If you’re thinking about building a porch, give us a call on 01258 459259 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project.
Photo Gallery of Porches we’ve Built for Our Customers: