We have 40 years exerience in Open plan extentions
- Open Plan
Sun Room Extensions
Many of our visitors to our sunroom Dorset showroom express a desire for open plan by creating an arch or similar, with no doors, extending your home into a new sunroom. We are pleased to offer an extensive range of Glazed Additions and Home Extensions.
Planning Permission for a sunroom may not necessarily. Building Regulations usually will, together with full SAP’s Insulation Ratings plus detailed Structural Calculations. We provide a complete service covering all aspects of the Planning Procedures and calculations for your new Extension together with specifically detailed drawings.
Bi-Folding, French or Patio Door combinations can be chosen together with large picture windows, all designed to offer a light bright open plan extension from your home into the new sun room and garden. At our showroom we will work closely with you to design a new garden room as there are numerous opportunities for the roof and side elevations.
Make your house into a home that everyone else wants to have.
Extensions and Sun rooms are chosen by those requiring an additional room on their home which is not predominantly constructed with glass panels. They may well have tiled roofs but Velux windows or ‘Glass panels’ can be introduced, to allow additional light on the all too often dark grey days and of course for many hours after the sun has set. If you are looking for a study, dining room, utility or similar, such a design would be ideally suited. When you have a tiled roof, a large area of glass is recommended in side elevations and there is the opportunity of introducing brick columns together with special features in the side elevations which are numerous but very much chosen in close liason with yourselves to suit personal wishes and to be in character with your home.
Family rooms can be designed economically by converting your garage into a special dining area or gymnasium. Many of us no longer keep our cars in the garage but use these rooms as a storage and often junk area. Such a shame when with a little imagination, they can become a terrifically special family room without the greater expense of building an extension.
You may wish to design a room for your exercise cycle, rowing machine and weights or perhaps a pool table, dart board. Perhaps a personal bar, your special family games room.
Families who have gained many food recipes from the numerous television programmes, may take it in turn to dine at each other’s home. I have seen some splendid redevelopments of garage/junk room turned into a magnificent dining area. With a little imagination home owners have created a special entertaining room where friends and family can get together for fun, dining and general entertainment .. with large plasma screens now available, you may wish to consider a home cinema.
Your home is the place where you spend most of your time. Make it a showpiece!
Let me sow a few exciting thoughts . . . .
- All the guys getting together with a big screen on the wall to watch football and sports, rather than down at a local pub
- A dinner party with three or four families, each contributing a course
- Fun with the younger family members, stretching your imagination and teaching them to prepare food with some adventurous recipes
- Tapas evenings with guests bringing their own contributions and a challenge to find the very best wines at sensible prices
- Creating a dining area which is more than equal to a sumptuous restaurant with the very best of foods and wine for a fraction of the price
- All of this can be achieved at a very economical price, perhaps by replacing your garage door with a bay window, plastering the internal walls and laying modern Karndean Flooring
- Boxing in boilers plus other items and introducing some ornate and special features, which you wouldn’t necessarily do in a general room of your home
Take a few moments to stand quietly in the room you may wish to re-design and write down all of your thoughts. We have a sophisticated drawing and design programmes to assist you and all the necessary building skills to achieve your dream.