There are growing concerns within the solid conservatory roof market, mainly amongst industry professionals whom have a wealth of experience. This concern surrounds the growing volume of companies offering ‘Conservatory Solid Roofs’ with a named ‘Over-clad/ cover over or an Underclad method.’
If you are receiving a quotation for your replacement roof with the above method, please be vigilant and question the following:
- Is your existing conservatory roof structure suitable to take the weight of some of these methods.
- Is the overall system structurally tested and is there reports to state the structural integrity, wind loads and snow loads.
- Is there any guarantee with the over clad / cover over, if so, ask to see it and what does the guarantee cover?
- Has the roof undergone a condensation risk assessment, spanning 12 full months and if so, ask to see it?
- Is a clad over / cover over or under-clad suitable and compliant with building control?
- Above all is the job safe and can the safety of the roof be provided in writing.